Friday, July 17, 2009

6 month apt

Colt had his 6 month check up yesterday and everything went very well. He weighed 16lbs 13oz, 26" long. His height, weight & head size was all in the 25th percentile. He's a little small but doc said very proportional. He had a total of 4 immunizations, three in the leg and one he had to drink. The first shot he didn't flinch but the other two he screamed, only for a minute. The doctor also said that his "sitting up skills" were very advanced for his age. He said most babies are not that good until about 9 months, so that made his Mamma proud :) The rest of the day he was very cheerie and wouldn't even know he had just gotten his shots. Our next appt isn't until 9 months and then will just be a regular check up, no shots :)

Changing the subject, Colt has been the only baby out of all our friends who wasn't sleeping through the night. He is a very good baby so when he was crying in the middle of the night I assumed something was wrong and always went to check on him. Tuesday night of last week was one of the worst nights we have had with him and was up 4 to 5 times. I finally called the doctors office to see what I could do differently. They kindly said I was not letting him self sooth and needed to let him cry it out. I was so sleep deprived by this point I was willing to do anything so I thought, it won't be bad, he'll only cry for maybe 15 minutes. WRONG! Colt cried for and hour and a half while I stood at the door and could do nothing. I finally went to bed, turned down the monotor and would check every 10 minutes to see if he had stopped. It was torture but I knew if I continued to check on him everytime he cried I could be doing it till he was 5 years old. The second night went much better he only cried for about 15 minutes. He is still waking up a little bit everynight but I think he is learning that Mommy is not coming every time he cries.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad the check up went well! He must be GT (gifted and talented) because of his sitting up skills!!! Sounds like he is learning how to sleep through the night. Thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete